As many as one in five kids have a mental health problem. The Campaign for Children’s Mental Health is a 3-year sustained effort to make mental health services more available and accessible to the children in Virginia who need them, regardless of where the children live or what “system” identifies their needs.
- American Psychological Association
The American Psychological Association is the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States.
- National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems
The National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems (NAPHS) offers advocacy, clinical, financial and administrative resources for psychiatric patients and providers.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a nonprofit, grassroots, self-help, support and advocacy organization for consumers, families and friends of those affected by mental illness.
We recognize you may have additional questions. Here are some important national resources that may also be of great value to you in your quest to learn more about behavioral health.
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institute on Drug Addiction (NIDA)
- Partnership For A Drug-Free America
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Scientific Information About Addictive Diseases
- National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Education & Support
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center
- Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
- Children & Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Mental Health America (MHA)
- National Depressive and Bipolar Support Alliance
- National Mental Health Association
- Al-Anon Alateen
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry
- National Association of Addiction Professionals
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Psychiatric Association