Emotional distress affects everyone to some degree. When coping with problems at work, at home or with family becomes too much to handle, Poplar Springs Hospital can help. Through personalized treatment in a short-term inpatient setting that is structured and supervised, our clinical experts help patients find their way back to healthier and productive lives.
Our clinical team consists of 24-hour psychiatric nursing care, mental health specialists, case managers, social workers, activity therapists and the patient’s personal psychiatrist. Together with the patient, the team designs an individualized treatment plan to ease the emotional crisis and help the patient regain control of his or her life.
We begin to plan for each patient’s return to the community on the day of admission. Aftercare plans may include continuing care with the attending physician, transitioning to partial hospitalization, an outpatient treatment program or other community resources.
Treatment services include:
- Family sessions
- Group therapy to address treatment issues
- Professionally directed activity therapy: art, recreation and music
- Life skills
- Nursing education groups to deal with anger, loss, grief, self-concept and self-control
- Medication management and education
Signs of Emotional Distress:
- Changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Loss of interest in activities that were previously pleasurable
- Decline in work performance
To inquire or schedule an assessment, please call (804) 733-6874, toll-free (866) 546-2229, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.