Poplar Springs Hospital, located in Petersburg, Virginia, offers specialized services for adults, intended to meet the unique needs of adults who are experiencing psychiatric and substance abuse problems that impair their daily functioning. We offer a confidential, caring environment that promotes crisis resolution, positive self-awareness, social skills and personal growth.
- Acute Inpatient Program – treats males and females 18 and older, in an intensive therapeutic structure, providing stabilization for patients.
- Intensive Treatment Program – designed to treat patients who are demonstrating severe psychosis and aggressive behaviors.
- Progressive Program – designed to treat patients who are experiencing behavioral health and substance abuse symptoms.
As well as:
Acute Crisis Stabilization
Short-term crisis stabilization and assessment program for adults with psychiatric problems and exhibited history of suicidal and/or homicidal ideations and psychotic symptoms. (Read more)
Medically supervised detox for patients with psychosis. (Read More)
A step-down program from our inpatient unit for patients who do not need 24-hour observation. (Read More)
Treatment Services Include:
- Psychiatric, substance abuse/dual diagnosis
- Safety planning sessions
- Case management
- Group therapy
- Activity therapy
- Expressive and recreational therapy, including yoga and music therapies
- Life skills
- Nursing education groups to deal with anger, loss, grief, self-concept and self-control
- Medication management and education
Adults interact daily with a multidisciplinary team, which includes:
- Board-certified psychiatrists
- Nursing services
- Social services
- Discharge planning with family or caregiver involvement begins upon admission
To view or print our Adult Services brochure, click here.